Lakeside students are only allowed to ride e-bikes to school if the e-bike is registered through the school. Students may park and lock their registered e-bike in an approved bike rack area, electric scooters and skateboards are illegal in California for anyone 15.5 or younger and are not allowed at Lakeside. All e-bikes parked on campus must have a school registration sticker. E-bikes parked without a registration sticker or in an unauthorized location on campus will be issued the following:
1st Offense: Warning 2nd Offense: Detention 3rd Offense: e-bike held by office
Students who meet the following requirements will be eligible for a registration sticker:
● Attendance at an e-bike Safety Meeting at a high school campus prior to issuance of a registration sticker.
● Parent/Guardian attendance at an e-bike Safety Meeting prior to issuance of a registration sticker.
● Meets the e-bike Operation Expectations outlined below.
E-Vehicle Operation Expectations:
● Students will walk their e-bike, respectfully and safely at all times on campus.
● Students will park and lock their e-bike in an authorized bike rack location ONLY.
● Registration stickers must be visibly displayed on the frame of the e-bike.
● Students will wear a helmet at all times while operating their e-bike.
● Students will follow safety guidelines detailed in the e-bike Safety Meeting.
(Registration stickers are non transferable from person to person)
Consequences for not meeting expectations:
● Students not meeting expectations may receive detention.
● Students with excessive violations of e-bike expectations may lose their parking privilege.
● Students with excessive violations may result in suspension of registration sticker.
● Lakeside Administration reserves the right to revoke any permit if any of the above expectations or other expectations in the Lakeside Code of Conduct are not met.
To qualify for a registration sticker, you will provide evidence of the following to the Lakeside Campus Control Assistant.
● Copy of a form signed by student and parent/guardian – submit in person (pick up and drop off in the Front Office
● Verification of Attendance date and location of IPD e-bike Safety Presentation
Safety Presentation Dates
August 22, 6:00pm at Portola High School
August 29, 6:00pm at Northwood High School
September 5, 6:00pm at Irvine High School
September 12, 6:00pm at Woodbridge High School
September 14, 6:00pm at University High School