Rules of the Library
The library is a quiet place to read, study, think, and write. Please be considerate of others when using the library. If you are behaving inappropriately, you will be asked to leave.
- No food or water allowed. No water bottles allowed.
- Do not re-arrange the chairs or tables. One student per chair. Push in chairs after use.
- No card or other games allowed, unless "Game Day" is announced by library staff.
- Students must have a valid Lakeside School ID card to check out devices. No exceptions.
- 40 Chromebooks for use in LMC only.
- 8 Desktop Computers for printing only.
- Devices will not be checked out five minutes before the bell rings.
- Return devices early to avoid being late to class.
- 8 Desktop Computers for printing only.
Checking out Books
- Must have a current Lakeside ID Card to check out books.
- You can check out up to 4 books for two weeks.
- Due date are stamped inside every book. Return books on time.
- You can renew books as many times, unless there is a hold for that book.
- We will not check out books if you do not have an ID Card or an overdue item.
Supplies and Textbooks
- Textbooks are for library use only. Return textbooks in numeric order.
- Student supplies of rulers, markers, glue, pens, pencils, etc...are for library use only and must be returned after use.
Technology Responsible Use Agreement
Parents and students must sign off each year on the Technology Responsible Use Policy before computers or devices may be used at school. This signed policy will allow students to use the Internet, Google Apps for Education and Office 365 at school. School computers and resources are to be used for school assignments and research, including printing. All sites accessed must be appropriate for school. Ethical use of information and copyright law should be followed by students.
- Use Destiny Discover to view our library books. Log in with your IUSD login – no @iusd.org at the end of your username.
- View Lakeside Library Media Center’s Book Blog.
E-books and Audiobooks
- Sora – read ebooks and listen to audiobooks on Sora. Click here for instructions on how to log in and check out a book. You also can add Orange County Public Library’s collection of books (directions here).
- MackinVia – read ebooks and listen to audiobooks on MackinVia. Click here for instructions on how to log in and check out a book.
- ComicsPlus – read ebooks that are comics, popular fiction, and nonfiction. Click here for instructions on how to log in and read a book.
- ProQuest Ebook Central – find ebooks related to the arts, history, literature, science, and more. Click here for instructions on how to log in.
Databases and Resources
- Noodle Tools – keep your sources organized when doing research. Use Noodle Tools to make citations for your sources and create a bibliography. Click here for instructions on how to create a citation. Log in with Google to get started.
- Encyclopedia Britannica – find general knowledge and information. Click here for instructions on how to log in.
- ProQuest Homework Central – find information on a variety of topics. Click here for instructions on how to log in.
- ABC-Clio – find information on history and social sciences. Click here for instructions on how to log in.
- Webpath Express – a search browser with a variety of information and topics.
- Britannica ImageQuest – search for images, create an album, and cite images. Click here for instructions on how to log in and save or cite images.
- National Geographic Kids – read magazines, ebooks, and watch videos. Click here for instructions on how to log in.
- Chromebook Care Guide – find information about caring for and using your Chromebook.
- Chromebook Insurance – purchase insurance for $20 which covers all accidental damage and loss for the whole year. If purchased after September 30th, insurance will cover damage starting from the purchase date. Click here for instructions about purchasing insurance and FAQs.
- Update your Operating System – Click here for instructions on how to check and run updates on your Chromebook.
- Paying for Damage or Loss – Without insurance, fines for Chromebook damages or loss can be paid through MySchoolBucks. Click here for instructions on how to log in and pay fines.